Chip Foose was born on October 13, 1963, that makes him 57 by now. He is an American Automobile Designer, An Artist, and Star of Velocity’s television series ‘Overhaulin’. He was so fond of designing cars that he started working at a young age of Seven in his father’s company in California.
Currently, Chip Foose’s net worth is 21 Million Dollars. He had worked for Disney and Pixar’s Cars Movies that earned him a fortune. He has been designing cars from a young age and is also working in a famous tv series.
He has a Wife and Two Children. He has earned a lot of wealth and respect at the same time and has worked very actively to be where he is now.
Wanna know more about how his worth became this much? Read it till the end.
Let’s get started.
Chip was born in 1963, which makes him 57 by now. Sam Foose and Terry Loose are his parents. He also has two sisters.
He was very fond of designing cars since childhood. He started his first job in his father’s company to design cars. He used to copy his father’s designs at first, but then he started making his designs.
In 1982, He went to the Art Centre College of Design, but due to financial difficulties, he had to drop out after 2 years. He then went to work at Clenet Coachworks to work and, after four years, returned to complete his education.
His father gave him a Volkswagon that he could design when he was just nine years old.
He then started working in Sternberger Design in 1990. He became the president of “Hot rods by Boyd” after working there for several years. His famous creations for then include Boydster and Boydster 2.
Chip has a Wife and two Children ( One Son and One Daughter ). His wife Lynne Foose is a simple housewife. His children Brock and Katie, respectively.
There is no history of his previous relationships.
Chip has been in this industry for 50 years as he was fond of making car designs from when he was Seven. He first worked with his father is his company in 1970. H used to copy his father’s plans, but soon he started making his own.
In 1984, he started working for Clenet Coachworks due to a financial crisis and remained there for four years. After graduating, he began to work in Sternberger Design and Hot rods by Boyd part-time. In 1983, he started working full time for Boyd and eventually became the president of the company.
In 1998, he built his own company with his wife’s support and resigned from Hot Rods. He rebuilt boydster 2 for another company, and by 200, he was able to establish his own company named Foose Design in California.
In an interview, Foose told that Boyd didn’t ever reach out after my resignation, and their bitter relation was mainly because a couple of Boyd’s talented builders left when Foose resigned.
Foose gained a lot of boost after the TLC Documentary and when he was featured in Overhaulin. He resigned over 80 famous cars in that 5 season show. And also made beautiful designs for many renowned car companies.
In 2007, chip started manufacturing one of his best creations, Hemisfear, initially designed in 1990 ( 50 Total ). His first Coupe was auctioned for $340,000 to an Atlanta Vintage car dealer.
In 2007, Foose helped in starting the Ridemakerz customizable toy car business. Foose continues to operate Foose Design and provide design consultations to the Big Three automakers after 2010. After the launch of the channel Velocity, it was announced that Overhaulin would return at the end of 2012.
He also worked for many famous Movies made by Disney and Pixar, namely ‘Cars’ and ‘Cars 2’. He has also come as a judge on the television series, ‘Ultimate Car Build-Off.’
Chip won many awards due to his creations. He became the youngest person to be included in the Hot Rod Hall of fame in 1997. He won the following awards:
- The Goodguys Street Rod of the Year Award ( 1990-91, 95, 97, 99, 2001,& 2010 )
- 1997 Hot Rod Hall of Fame
- Most Beautiful Roadster Award ( 1995-96, 1999-2001, 2003, 2006, & 2014 )
- 2002 Darryl Starbird Rod & Custom Car Museum Hall of Fame
- 2003 Grand National Roadster Show Hall of Fame
- Ridler Award ( 2002, 2003, 2005, & 2015 )
- 2005 San Francisco Rod and Custom Motorcycle Hall of Fame
- 2009 Diecast Hall of Fame
- 2011 Best Hot Rod at Bilsport Performance Show
- 2012 Detroit Autorama “Circle of Champions” Hall of Fame
- 2014 Best Custom Car – 1954 Chevrolet
Chip Foose Net Worth
The current Net worth of Chip reaches $21 Million made by his luxurious mansion and car collection.
Automotive Design Company
He owns a Company named Foose Design and earns most of his net worth from selling his modified cars.
Consultancy to Three Big Automakers
Foose as a great designer. He helps many big companies to design their cars. He provides consultancy to three big automakers and earns a lot from there.
Luxurious Car Collection
Foose was fond of antique cars since childhood. He drives a 2006 Ford GT, gifted by his wife. He was also given a Volkswagon by his father when he was Nine. He re-designed many incredible cars, some of which are:
- Cadillac Eldorado
- Ford P-32 Roadster
- 0032 Roadster
- Boydster and Boydster 2
- 1957 Mercedes 300SL
- The Madam X
- Ford Thunderbird
- 1969 Ford Mustang
A Beautiful Mansion
He also created a Beautiful mansion in California, of which most of the space is for his cars. He lives there with his family. We cannot disclose his address due to privacy reasons.
Chip is the Vice President of the Progeria Research Foundation in California. He has a very special attitude to Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS) since it took away his youngest sister in 1985 when she was just a small child.
Reality Tv Series “Overhaulin”
He worked in the Overhaulin for four years and re-designed more than 80 cars that were the most fantastic creation of that time.
He collaborated with Disney and Pixar to make the movies, Cars and Cars 2, making a great fortune for himself.
Interesting Facts about Chip Foose
Many people might know a lot about food, but there are some interesting facts that we compiled that you might not know:
- He became a good friend of Alex, which inspired him to pursue his dream as an automotive designer.
- He worked in Clenet Coachwork so that he can bear his college expenses.
- Ford, one of the most renowned companies, made one of their cars according to t Foose’s design.
- His work was featured in SEMA, which gave him a great headstart.
- Until 2002, he was featured in many hall of fames, and everyone loved his work.
- He won many awards due to his designing and remaking skills.
- He left Boyd when he went bankrupt and started his own designing company with his wife’s support.
- His wife once threatened him to give more time to the family instead of the business.
- He was once accused of cheating, but that was never proved.
- He also created cars like the “Eleanor” featured in the movie Gone In 60 Seconds.
- He started working when he was only seven years old and got his father’s car to design at Nine years of age.
- He participates in many charity works, especially for Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome patients because his sister died from this disease.
Chip Foose had a specific dream in mind since he was seven and knew what he wanted to become. He chased his dream with full honesty and now has a net worth of 21 Million Dollars.
His life teaches us if they decide what we want in life and work for it, we can achieve it no matter what happens.
He has a big fan following due to his incredible movies and Tv series he has been working on. We wish him more luck and success in life.
Latest Update: January 1, 2022