The world is adopting new technologies, and electric cars are the future of modern age cars. These cars use multiple electric motors, which extract the energy from the rechargeable batteries. So all you need to have a charging station to power your vehicle.
The quick acceleration, highest top speed, extended mile range, and tough exterior are among these cars’ top qualities. These cars have eliminated the risk of hazardous gas emissions into the environment and are the solution to global warming.
This article consists of some of the high-speed electric cars of the year 2021, which can transform the idea of cars and speed. If you are a lover of sports cars and speed, then you can continue reading this article.
What are Electric Cars?
A car that is driven by one or more electric motors is known as an electric car. Electric vehicles use energy stored in rechargeable batteries. The history of electric cars is very long as the first electric car was produced in the 1880s.
As compared to internal combustion engine cars, electric cars are much quieter, have lower emissions and low exhaust emissions. In the era of global warming and drastic climate change, electric vehicles are the best solution.
The electric vehicle or Evs has a solar panel, fuel cells, battery, or an electric generator to provide the vehicle’s power. This technology has been incorporated in aircraft and jets to protect the environment from harmful emissions.
List Of The Fastest Electric Cars In 2021
Electric cars do not have any internal or external combustion, and batteries support them. Here is the list of some of the fastest electric cars in the world in 2021; some of these cars are currently available, and some can be pre-ordered.
The Rimac C Two is a semi-autonomous fully electric sports car. It is created and manufactured by the Croatian automotive manufacturer called RimacAutomobili. The company has planned to manufacture almost 150 vehicles for the global market.
Currently, all the manufactured C-Two cars have been sold out within the first three weeks of their launch. With a maximum speed of 415 km/h, the Rimac C_Two is more of a hypercar. It needs a power output of almost 1,408 kW.
Here are some of the specifications of Rimac C_Two, which are exclusive to this speed monster:
- Speed range: The speed range of this car is 258 mph or 415 Km/h.
- Acceleration: Within only 1.85 seconds, the car can attain a speed of 0-60 mph.
- Price: The car is available for 2 million euros.
- Autonomous Driving: The car has a level 4 autonomous driving.
Aspark Owl is an electric hypercar that was first revealed at the end of 2019. It is a 1984-HP which can hit 60 MPH in just 1.7 seconds, so you can realize how big a monster this car is. It is the proud presentation of Japanese makers.
Only 50 Aspark Owl cars have been manufactured by the mid of 2020. The torque of this hypercar is 1475 lb-ft and 1984 horsepower. The vehicle contains a lithium-ion battery which can be fully charged in just 80 minutes.
Here are some of the specifications of Aspark owl, and you may find them thrilling:
- Speed Range: The top speed of this car is 249 mph.
- Acceleration: Within only 1.7 seconds, the car can attain a speed of 0-60 mph.
- Price: The car has a starting price of $ 3 million.
- Hydraulic Suspension: Aspark Owl has a hydraulic suspension, and the ride height can be adjusted from 80 to 100 mm.
Tesla Roadster is designed to maximize performance and aero efficiency. Like all other hypercars, the Roadster has enhanced aerodynamic engineering’s potential because of its record-setting performance.
The interior of the car is super comfy and luxurious. It is the first supercar to have fit seating seats for four. The roof of the Tesla Roadster is wholly made of removable, lightweight glass. So, you can have a convertible driving experience.
Here are some of the specifications of this car, which are exclusive to Tesla Roadster:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 250 mph+.
- Acceleration: It can attain a speed of 0-60 mph in just 1.9 seconds.
- Price: The price of the car is £ 189,000.
- Mile Range: The mile range of the car is 620 miles.
Faraday Future FF91
Faraday Future is a Chinese company that beliefs in perfection. According to Faraday Future, Breitfeldaims to collaborate with the tech giants like Apple and Facebook and incorporate them into the automobile industry.
The company hopes to sell digital services using the Faraday Future FF91. Faraday Future has also planned to launch different variants of this car having incredible horsepower and speed range.
Here are some of the specification of Faraday Future, which you may find interesting:
- Speed Range: The maximum speed limit of the car is 155 mph.
- Acceleration: In just 2.4 seconds, the car can reach up to the speed of 60 mph.
- Price: The price range of this car is £ 90,000.
- Spacious Interior: The interior of the car is very spacious.
Automobili Pininfarina Battista
Automobili Pininfarina manufactures the Pininfarina Battista, and it is an electric sports car. The body style of the vehicle is a 2-door coupe with an individual-wheel drive layout. The Battista has a 120 kW/h battery pack.
The structure of the car has a carbon-fiber monocoque chassis with an aluminum crash structure. The other body parts are also made of the same material to reduce the bodyweight of the vehicle. For maximum road comfort, the suspension system of the car can be tuned.
Here are some of the features of Battista you may consider while buying it:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 217 mph.
- Acceleration: The car can attain a speed of 60 mph in just 2 seconds.
- Price: The car has a cost of £2m.
- Battery Pack: 120 kW.
Tesla Model S Performance
The Tesla Model S is a unique car having high impact protection. It comes in the category of electric vehicles having a rigid structure and floor-mounted battery pack. It is a weatherproof car, and the performance remains stable in all weather conditions.
It has a dual-motor all-wheel drive, ludicrous acceleration, and adaptive air suspension. You can drive this car anywhere as it has convenient charging options. The autopilot driving mode is also available in this supercar.
Here are some of the features of Model S you may find intriguing:
- Speed Range: The maximum speed limit of this car is 162 mph.
- Acceleration: Within 2.4 seconds, the car can reach up to the speed of 60 mph.
- Price: The car has £93,290.
- Mile Range: The range of Model S is 367 miles.
The Nio EP9 is among the fastest electric cars globally. It has set the new record of the fastest autonomous electric car beating all its competitors. The two-seater Formula and Esports car is a monster. The electric motor of the vehicle is water-cooled indirectly.
The car has a lithium-ion battery with a power output of 25 kW. The unique thing about Nio is that each of its wheels has it is motor and transmission. It is used as both all-wheel drive and individual wheel drive.
Here are some of the incredible feature of Nio EP9, you may find them interesting:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 196 mph.
- Acceleration: Within 2.7 seconds, the car can reach up to the speed of 60 mph.
- Price: A bit pricey, having a worth of £2.5m
- Mile Range: It has a mile range of 265 miles.
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
The innovation and style are in the DNA of Porsche. Taycan Turbo S has inherited the same DNA, and it is the epitome of perfection. It has a lateral air intake, and a four-point LED headlight. The front display of the car is curved and 16.8 inches in length.
The giant car has an 800-volt performance battery and a permanent magnet synchronous machine. The car’s unique feature includes a range indicator so that you can estimate the range of your journey.
Here are some of the specifications of Taycan Turbo S, which are unique:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 162 mph.
- Acceleration: Within 2.8 seconds, the car can reach up to the speed of 60 mph.
- Price: The starting price of the car is £135,326.
- Mile Range: The car has a total 235-mile range.
Tesla Model X Performance
The Model X of Tesla is one of the safest SUVs in the world. The rigid body construction, restraints, and battery technology are beneficial to reduce occupant injury. It is very roomy and can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
The falcon-wing doors of Model X are equipped with sensors that play an essential role in monitoring the surroundings’ proximity to assist in parking. It has a very convenient charging option, and you can take it wherever you want.
Here are some of the exclusive features of Model X; the car has a moderate price range:
- Speed Range: The top speed of Model X is 155 mph.
- Acceleration: Within 2.7 seconds, the car can reach a speed of 60 mph.
- Price: The car has a £97,890 price range.
- Mile Range: It has a mild range of 301 miles.
Evija is the perfection of technology. It breathes the air while moving and works on aerodynamic principles. It would not be a lie to call Evija a lightweight luxury that is meticulously designed.
The car has pushed the boundaries of hypercars and is a fully electric car. The exterior of the vehicle is inspired by racing cars and has butterfly doors. The best thing about this car is that it four electric motors.
Here are some of the specifications of Evija, the monster of all cars:
- Speed Range: The top speed range of this car is 200 mph +
- Acceleration: It can attain a speed of 60 mph in just 3 seconds.
- Price: The price of this car is £1.5m.
- Mile Range: It has 250 miles of range.
The Rivian R1 series are weatherproof cars, and you can travel in the temperature range of 130F to -25F. The seven-seater cars having a mile range of 300 are the epitome of speed and luxury.
With these cars’ rigid structures, you can explore all sorts of terrains, so it is one of your best travel partners. The vehicles have a quad motor with a towing capacity of 7,700 lbs. You need not worry about the cold weather as Rivian loves snow.
Here are some of the specifications of Rivian, which are exclusive to the vehicle:
- Speed Range: The top speed limit of the car is 125 mph.
- Acceleration: The car can attain a speed of 60 mph in just 3 seconds.
- Price: The price of this car is very affordable and is of £53,000.
- Mile Range: It has a 410 miles range and 700 horsepower.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
The focus point of this car is safety. The exterior structure of this car is a combination of aluminum and steel. It provides the greatest strength to the vehicle. Model 3 resisted four accelerations in a roof crush test.
Model 3 provides a quick acceleration with the option of dual-motor all-wheel drive. The carbon fiber spoiler of the car improves its stability and speed. The torque of Model 3 is digitally controlled for better car handling and traction control.
Here are some exclusive features of Model 3, including the price range of the vehicle:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 162 mph.
- Acceleration: The car can reach up to the speed of 60 mph in just 3.2 seconds.
- Price: The Model 3 price is £52,000.
- Mile Range: The car has a 329-mile range.
The I-Pace is a battery-electric crossover SUV which is manufactured by the brand named Jaguar Land Rover. Ian Callum designs the car, and the body style of the vehicle is a 5-door SUV. I-Pace has a permanent magnet synchronous motor and batter of 90 kW.
The car has won many car festivals, and it was the World Car of the Year in 2019. The car’s rear boot holds 656 liters of space, and the front boot holds 28 liters of space. Two motors and a lithium-ion battery support the vehicle.
Here are some of the specifications of this Jaguar i-Pace and its features:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 124 mph.
- Acceleration: The car can reach a speed of 60 mph in just 4.5 seconds.
- Price: The price range of the car starts at £60,995.
- Mile Range: It has a 292-mile range.
Aston Martin Rapide E
The Rapide is a 5-door, 4-seater car, sports saloon high-performance car. Designed by Marek Reichman, Aston is a full-size luxury car with a body style of the 5-door liftback. It is powered by a 5,935 cc V 12 engine, generating a power output of 477 PS.
The steering wheel of Rapide’s is a slightly title-telescoping type. The interior of the car is made up of leather and walnut seating. The vehicle is furnished with Bluetooth, USB connectivity port, and satellite radio.
Here are some of the specifications of Aston and its features:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 155 mph.
- Acceleration: It can attain a speed of 60 mph in less than four seconds.
- Price: The starting price of the car is £250,000.
- Mile Range: The mile range of the car is around 200 miles.
The Genovation GXE has dual-speed compression shocks and a rear wing with active tilt. It is a perfect electric sports car which can reach up to 220 mph in a brief period. The Genovation GXE has a luxurious Corvette interior.
The car has a battery pack of around 60 kWh with two electric motors. The engine of the vehicle is capable of supporting a horsepower of 800 hp. It can not only perform on the roads but also on the tracks.
Here are some of the specifications of Genovation GXE, along with its starting price:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 209 mph.
- Acceleration: The car can reach a speed of 60 mph in less than three seconds.
- Price: The price of the car is $750,000.
- Mile Range: It has a mile range of 175 miles.
Formula E Gen2
The Formula E Gen2 is a single-seater motorsport championship car that uses electric car technology. The vehicle is manufactured and promoted by the Formula E holdings. The car will make its debut in the year 2021.
The Formula E Gen2 racing car has the most striking features, making it stand out against all the other racing cars. According to the founder of Gen2, Alejandro Agag, this car is another evolution of distinctive design.
Here are some of the specifications of Formula E Gen2:
- Speed Range: The top speed of this car is around 280 km/h.
- Acceleration: The car can attain the maximum speed of around 60 mph in less than 2 seconds.
- Price: The cost of this 900kg car is around $50,000.
- Mile Range: The mile range of the car is around 260 miles.
Buckeye Bullet 3
Buckeye Bullet is a line of electric cars created by Ohio State University students in collaboration with Venturi. The vehicle was initially made to break the speed records on the Bonneville Speedway.
The Bullet 3 is a fully electric car that belongs to the car’s series having the record of the world’s fastest electric car. The power source of the vehicle is 10,000 rechargeable c-cell batteries. It has a rear-wheel-drive layout with 400 horsepower. The car’s body is made up of carbon fiber, which has considerably decreased its weight.
Here are some of the specifications of Buckeye Bullet 3:
- Speed Range: The top speed of the car is 314.4 mph.
- Acceleration: The car can attain a speed of 60 mph in less than 3 seconds.
- Price: The price of this car is $69,000.
- Mile Range: The mile range of the car is around 250 miles.
As mentioned earlier, electric cars are the future of the vehicle. These cars are charged via the charging stations, installed in both the houses and the public areas. With the high speed, aerodynamic design, these electric cars have set the new speed standards.
This article will help you to gain knowledge about the fastest electric cars in the world in 2021. So, most of your ambiguities about purchasing an electric vehicle of your choice must have vanished now.
Last Updated on December 3rd, 2020 @ 02:27 am by CarsFellow